- Brand - Nissan
- Spot - Sky Sports: Premier League
- Music Title - Ready for The Magic
- Artist - Honeyblood
- Master Rights - FatCat, Cooking Vinyl
- Composer - Tweeddale, Hodgson
- Publisher - Nude Music, Bucks Music, Sony/ATV
- Music Supervisor - Theodore
- Ad Agency - G1, TBWA London
- Creatives - Scott Andrews, Leigh Gilbert
- Film Co - G1, TBWA London
- Post Production - Big Buoy
- Air Date - 13/08/16
Nissan has hit the back of the net by choosing Ready For The Magic, by Glaswegian all-girl DIY punk band Honeyblood, as the soundtrack to its sponsorship of Sky Sports’ 2016 Premier League coverage.
“Normally I hate the term Sync Friendly,” says Jonathan Tester, Head Of Creative Sync at Bucks Music which publishes Honeyblood’s Stina Tweeddale via Saul Galpern’s Nude Music.
“But the moment I heard Ready For The Magic back in April I knew it had a killer chorus with a direct message which would work for brands.”
Co-written with former Kaiser Chief Nick Hodgson and produced by James Dring of Jamie T and Gorrillaz fame, the song features on Honeyblood’s second album Babes Never Die due for November issue on FatCat through Cooking Vinyl.
“We worked very proactively with Saul and Verity Griffith at Cooking Vinyl in order to ride the wave of media support surrounding the new album and land something within the release cycle,” Tester continues.
The breakthrough came when Theodore music supervisor Marcus Brooke-Smith alerted TBWA creative Scott Andrews.
“We’re both great Honeyblood fans,” says Brooke-Smith. “So when the Nissan/Sky Sports job came up this was always the track to beat!”