- Brand - Guide Dogs For The Blind
- Spot - Who Knew?
- Music Title - Between Two Worlds
- Artist - Dave Reynaud & Justin Cunningham
- Master Rights - Mcasso Music
- Composer - Reynaud, Cunningham
- Publisher - Mcasso Music
- Music Supervisor - Tom Martin @ Mcasso
- Ad Agency - Proximity London
- Creatives - Francesco Perillo, Tristan Sellen
- Film Co - Arthur and Martha
- Director - Morgan Hutchins
- Post Production - Big Buoy
- Air Date - 19/10/16
A visually-impaired pianist and EDM producer, chosen to be one of the real life participants in the latest Guide Dogs For The Blind TV commercial, subsequently played a part in the creation of the spot’s music track.
Classically trained, former Royal Academy student Justin Cunningham (and Nugget his black Labrador) joined Mcasso’s in-house composer Dave Reynaud in the production music specialist’s Soho studios to put the finishing touches to Between Two Worlds, the orchestral piece underpinning the charity’s touching Who Knew? campaign.
“We were brought into the project at the beginning of September by director Morgan Hutchins,” says Mcasso MD Tom Martin.
“We have worked with the agency and the film company before – but nobody else was invited to pitch so it was one of those refreshing occasions where a music production company was given complete trust!”
Martin adds: “The keywords in Morgan’s brief were ‘Gravitas’, ‘Warmth’, ‘Heart Strings’ and ‘Not Overly Emotional’.
“Not only did he suggest we get Justin to play on the track but also asked whether they could use our studio for part of the filming – which we were very happy about.”
The Guide Dogs ad will run for the next 12 months.