- Brand - Lynx
- Spot - Find Your Magic
- Music Title - Diamond Hoo Ha Man
- Artist - Supergrass
- Composer - Goffey, Coombes, Quinn, Coombes
- Publisher - Warner Chappell
- Master Rights - Warner Music
- Music Supervisor - Big Sync Music
- Ad Agency - 72andSunny, Amsterdam
- Creatives - Laura Visco, Emiliano Trierveiler, Mario Guay
- Film Company - Division, Paris
- Film Director - Francois Rousselet
- Air Date - 18/01/16
Axe, or Lynx as it is known in the UK, has long been a favourite fragrance with teenage boys. Now Unilever is targeting the ‘older brother’ market with an exhilarating Find Your Magic campaign powered by the lead track from Supergrass’ 2008 album Diamond Hoo Ha.
In the commercial, stunning footage seeks to inspire twentysomethings to celebrate their individuality and reject stereotypical ideas of what makes young men attractive to the opposite – and the same – sex.
But, says Big Sync Music supervisor Tammy Tinawi, finding a soundbed to reflect the film’s energy took nearly four months of close collaboration with creatives in ad agency 72andSunny’s Amsterdam offices.
“The brief was to find something with the kind of punch and personality exhibited by all these truly original looking guys,” she continues.
“We went through 12 rounds of searches and tested 300 iconic tracks – as well as commissioning some great original work – before the sync team at Warner Chappell pitched us Supergrass.
“It may be nearly 10 years old but Diamond Hoo Ha Man still sounds so fresh and hits all the buttons.”