- Brand - House Of Fraser
- Spot - Christmas Is Coming For You
- Music Title - Ready Or Not
- Artist - Laura Mvula
- Master Rights - Sony - RCA
- Composer - Bell, Hart
- Publisher - Warner Chappell, Reservoir Media
- Music Supervisor - Juicy Musik, Wake The Town
- Ad Agency - I8 Feet & Rising
- Creative - Anna Carpen, Alex Delaney, Oli O’Neill
- Film Co - Ammolite Inc, OB Management
- Director - Emil Nava
- Post Production - Electric Theatre Collective
- Air Date - 04/11/16
MOBO nominee Laura Mvula is first out of the Christmas sync sack with a version of the Delfonics and Fugees’ soul standard Ready Or Not specially recorded for House Of Fraser.
It follows the department store’s runaway success with last year’s You Don’t Own Me spot, which peaked at Number 4 in the Singles charts and proved a winner at the recent Music Week Sync Awards.
Ad agency 18 Feet & Rising insists that House Of Fraser’s yuletide campaign is “about staying true to identity rather than trying to compete with the other big high street retailers.”
But, continues CEO Jonathan Trimble, “it was important that we make this year bigger and better than last so we began generating ideas on December 27.”
“The overarching theme of the ad is that Christmas is coming for you –whether you like it or not.
“Once we found the song that encapsulated it, Laura Mvula was the only choice to sing it because she has one of the best voices in the UK right now.”
Trimble is also full of praise for Sony-RCA’s Colin Barlow for A&Ring the track, which has been added to a special edition of Mvula’s current album The Dreaming Room and will be featured on stage during her forthcoming UK tour after she debuted it live on Strictly Come Dancing on November 5.