- Brand - Boots No7
- Spot - Lift & Luminate Serum
- Music Title - Way Down We Go
- Artist - Kaleo
- Composer - Juliusson, Antonsson, Kristjansson, Pollock
- Publisher - Warner Chappell
- Master Rights - Warner - Atlantic
- Ad Agency - Mother, M&C Saatchi (digital)
- Creatives - Peter Robertson, Susan Hosking, Matt Leach, Jess Oudet
- Film Company - TomBoy Films
- Film Director - Tom Harper
- Ppst Production - MPC
- Air Date - 15/04/16
'Chic' and 'cool' are not words usually associated with Boots commercials – but the combination of contemporary Icelandic rock with classical ballet has changed all that.
Five weeks prior to its April 15 air date, agency Mother asked Warner Music for a “raw, dark and edgy male vocal” to accompany the No7 campaign built around groundbreaking footage of fiftysomething prima ballerina Alessandra Ferri dancing alongside a hologram of herself at the Royal Ballet in the 1980s.
“The brief was tough because the track had to drive the emotion of the Lift & Luminate Serum film and fit the choreography,” says Warner Music Director of Synchronisation Tim Miles.
“We spent several days editing tracks to picture and combining instrumental passages before Kaleo’s Way Down We Go was chosen.”
The Atlantic US-signed Reykjavik band were heard in BBC4’s acclaimed Nordic noir Trapped and have a debut UK album A/B scheduled for June release.
As Warner/Atlantic’s marketing team starts to make the most of the media time the ad will receive over the next 12 months, Way Down We Go has already topped the Shazam charts, been a featured track at Radio 1 and surfaced in the OCC Top 200.